Boys & Girls 4 years old – 6th Grade (3 years for soccer)
We believe every child is a gift from God and promote a winning and positive learning atmosphere. This is a non-competitive OPEN COMMUNITY league where volunteers are from our community and our neighborhood churches in the valley. Since 2005, we have partnered with the community to bring a recreation league, for the entire family. All the games and practices all take place here at First Assembly of God in Hermitage, PA, with assistance from many area churches and community leaders.
UPWARD BASKETBALL 2020-2021 REGISTRATION IS OPEN ONLINE: https://registration.upward.org/UPW70961
EARLY REGISTRATION FEE IS $65: after October 24, 2020, REGISTRATION FEE IS $80; SHORTS are optional $15; MULTIPLE CHILD DISCOUNT $5 per each additional child; COACH DISCOUNT $20 per team. The online portal notes: it will calculate multiple child discounts with in the same transaction, coach discount code is COACH (if you coach more than 1 team we will need to manually add the discount in the church office), PAYMENTS ARE NOT COLLECTED ON THE UPWARD PORTAL. Be sure to check the box for an email confirmation of registration).
EVALUATIONS– Report to the Fellowship Hall first
Registration and Sizing, Parent/Guardian Meeting, Skills and Drills
Thursday, October 22, 2020; 6:30-8:00pm
Friday, October 23, 2020; 6:30-8:00pm
Saturday, October 24, 2020; 9:00am-1:00pm
FIRST PRACTICE WEEK–
Monday, November 16 – November 21, 2020
You will receive an email with your child’s Team Webpage link that will have pertinent information for your child’s team. 1st-6th Grade Divisions will hold their first practice on the regular practice night that week. Instructional Divisions will only be Saturday, November 21, 2020
NO PRACTICES THE WEEK OF THANKSGIVING, November 23-28, 2020.
FIRST GAME DAY– Saturday, December 5, 2020. Game Day Schedules will be on your child’s team webpage in the Welcome Email you will receive after evaluations. Please note game times may be adjusted throughout the season as we navigate the season.
CHRISTMAS BREAK December 21, 2020-January 3, 2021.
END OF SEASON AWARD CELEBRATION
Sunday, February 14, 2021 Details TBA
**KEY MEETING DATES**
CHURCH PARTNERS MEETING-
Tuesday, October 6, 2020 @ 6:30pm in our Fellowship Hall.
This is for church leaders/members in our community who would like to “Partner” with Upward Sports. Even if you are not sure and would love to come out and see what “We as a TEAM” can do for the COMMUNITY as a whole, we would love to have you.
Saturday, November 14, 2020 @ 9:30am in the GYM
ALL COACHES please make every effort to attend. Many new things to consider and a time for all of us to “be on the same page”.
A few housekeeping items to keep in mind as we consider this season, “Due to COVID”.
• We are encouraging those who are not well to please stay home.
• Everyone to wash your hands/use the hand sanitizing stations often.
• We will be limiting the size of teams, to keep the fans and players’ numbers down each hour.
• We are encouraging masks as you are walking into the buildings.
• Participants are not required to wear masks while playing.
• Ask that everyone who is not wearing a mask respect those who are, and vice versa.
• Entering the gym will be through the East side door closest to the church/KidZone.
• Exiting the gym will be the North side (next to the overhead door, by the concession stand)
• Do not arrive more than 10 minutes before your child’s game time.
• Siblings and younger children must remain seated with their families during practices and games.
• Water bottles, Gatorade, etc. please mark your child’s bottles clearly for them.
• Pray this season will be the best for the players, they deserve it!
FOR EMAILS FROM OUR LEAGUE MANAGER SOFTWARE... Be sure to check Spam/Junk Folders for our email UPDATES..
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Lisa Babcock - firstname.lastname@example.org Volunteers are always appreciated. Discounts available. If you have questions please contact email@example.com or need more info.
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK TO STAY ON TOP OF UPDATES.